Are you looking for fun ways to get kids engaged in fitness without them realizing that they are actually working out? Look no further...this energetic workout contains a variety of games to get children moving and improving their fitness, while having fun! Personal trainers, physical education teachers, fitness enthusiasts, coaches and youth fitness specialists will benefit from the information provided in this video.
Among the Topics Covered:
• Why a change is needed now!
• Components of a quality fitness lesson/workout
• Why games instead of traditional exercise approaches
• Dynamic active warm-ups
• Exercise games
• Larger-group games
By James Romans, MS
- List the key components to a quality youth fitness program.
- Differentiate between a quality youth program and a substandard program.
- Describe strategies to keep kids motivated in a fitness program
- Detail ideas and activities to use in a youth fitness program.
- Describe how to sequentially organize a student workout in correct progression from warm-up to activity objectives to cool-down.
- Detail strategies on how to have a successful program even when faced with challenges such as limited equipment, poor facilities and poor external weather conditions.
- Describe program activities that emphasize safety, age appropriateness and developmental appropriateness.
|Kids Fitness: Games, Games and More Games! ||Module|
About the Author
James Romans, MS IDEA Author/Presenter